Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beijing Day Three

Well here is the close of another interesting day in China. We are still adjusting to China time. Mina got us up at 4am this morning. After struggling to get her to go back to sleep we finally got up and started the day. We didnt have too much scheduled today. We took a trip to Carrefour again to pick up a few more supplies. I have found I can get buy with my limited chinese language abilities. We then headed over to the Beijing CHI office to meet Sabrina, our guide when we got Mina. It was great to see her. She is about 7 months pregnant but still making the 1 hour trip to work each day. We talked a lot about our last trip and the present state of adoption in China. It was good to see her again.

I am on a wild goose chase trying to find an adapter for our portable dvd player. I have one at home and didnt bring it with me. No stores seem to care it. I know I could find it at a dozen stores at home. Trying to explain it to anyone her is a challenge. I did have one sales man say he would sell us one from a new dvd unit but I decided to wait until i can find exacly what I need. If we dont find one it no big deal ether, it wouldnt work at home because of the voltage differences. Anyway, we found it interesting that they would take one from a new unit and sell it to us. You would never get that kind of service in the US.

After that we headed back to the hotel and had a short nap. We then went to the Flying Acrobat show. It was very entertaining but Mina was scared by the whole event. It was rather loud with alot of flashing lights and strange music. The costumes were pretty cool and seeing just how flexible the body can really be...

We head to Guiyang tomorrow on an early flight. We found out our plans are somewhat changing. (this seems to be an everyday event in China) We will arrive in Guiyang around 12pm and head for the hotel. They will bring MengMeng to the Hotel at 1pm. We then have to go to the local goverment office to do all the paperwork at 3:30pm. The olympic torch will be in guiyang on Thursday and the whole town is just about shut down so we have to do all our paper work on Wednesday. It will be a hectic day for sure.

Well I am off to bed now. Tomorrow will be a big day and we have to be up early.

Till tomorrow...

Michael

No comments: