Friday, June 13, 2008

Guiyang & Grief

It's Saturday here in Guiyang. The girls are downstairs with daddy in the play area. I am waiting in the room for the laundry man. I'm not sure how he is going to get up here to the room, but he is to be at the door at 8:30, so I wait.

Katie and her friend, Eileen made it in last night and we put on quite a show for them. Rissa freaked out and gave her spaced out look and then fell limp and went to sleep. We tried to wake her, but to no avail. It broke poor daddy's heart. We think Eileen looked a little like foster mommy and we had dressed her up in her new shoes and think she got scared and confused. So daddy left dinner and took her up to our room to sleep. She woke up her happy self today. Mina then proceeded to tear up about wanting to go with daddy, so I spent dinner consoling her. I told her I wanted her all to myself for dinner. She perked up when our pizza came. After she ate, I took her up to daddy, and finished dinner with Katie and Eileen. Those two girls of mine are a pair, I tell you.

Hopefully, today will be better. We are all going to the Bird and Flower Market. It is an open air market. Our guide thinks the girls will like it.

Yesterday, we took the girls to Walmart and the Parksons Dept. Store. We got them Princess nightgowns and Rissa a DVD in Chinese because all of our DVD's are in english. We thought Rissa would like to hear something in her native language. She does like Monsters Inc. though. Then we went to Parksons and bought the girls shoes. Mina got a light up pair of Miffy tennis shoes (they are a little big, but she loves them) and Rissa got a pair of silver sparkly Miffy mary janes. (She is a girly girl!!) Rissa also picked out a dress at Walmart and I got her a pair of capri pants at Parksons. Things are pretty inexpensive here. The shoes were around $15. Don't worry Grandma, Rissa will still let you buy her a pair of tennis shoes when we get home, but be afraid. She will probably want the very expensive beaded ones.

Oh, I almost forgot. The other scene we caused... We stopped at this park yesterday where all of the older people gather to dance in the morning and exercise. We just wanted to take a walk with the girls. We were mobbed (in a good way}. All of the elderly ladies wanted to look at the girls and ask questions. I had to dance with an elderly man. They were just so curious about us, the girls and adoption. Finally we just had to keep moving and leave. It was quite funny.

Well, that's all I have to report for the day. I'll get daddy to post more pictures. I hear the girls coming all the way down the hall.

No comments: